Why Join the Corrigan Team:
Corrigan is a large company that operates with a small feel. Our culture is best described as hard working and ambitious. We are constantly looking for opportunities to say “yes we can” with a goal of total customer satisfaction while providing our products and services safely. Corrigan is a fast-moving, quickly growing company that empowers our employees to be the best they can be with room for advancement throughout all branches of the organization.
Corrigan Oil offers a comprehensive benefits package to help you stay well, protect yourself and your family, and plan for a secure future. Benefits include:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance – eligible 1st of the month after employment begins.
- Life Insurance. Short-Term Disability coverage.
- Vacation & Personal Time. Paid Holidays.
- 401(k) – Company matches 50% up to 5% employee income.
The Senior Accountant performs professional level accounting work in the preparation, maintenance, and review of accounting records. The position requires considerable knowledge of basic accounting principles and accounting functions. This is an Exempt position.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist in the monthly closing process.
- Review and/or preparation of account reconciliations.
- Preparation of audit workpapers.
- Exercise authority regarding matters of significance to business, without specific instructions or prescribed procedures.
- Independently establish, maintain, and service business matters involving accounting.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Regular interaction with peers on-site, including face-to-face meetings and spontaneous conferences.
Qualifications / Experience / Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and 5+ years of general accounting experience required.
- Experience with accounting for job costs, fixed assets, and construction activity required.
- Able to access and accurately input information using company software.
- Proficient with Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Analytical skill set as well as technical skills required.
- Must have considerable knowledge of basic accounting principles (i.e., journal entries, debits, credits, etc.) and accounting functions.
- Accurately work under pressure in meeting deadlines.
- Able to pass a 7-year background check.
Corrigan Oil – Who We Are:
Corrigan Oil is an equal employment opportunity employer with a dedication to customer satisfaction and quality that is second to none. Corrigan Oil is a family-owned business offering long-term career opportunities and a culture where you will be treated with respect and proud to work within. Corrigan Oil has expanded into a family of companies including Corrigan Oil, Corrigan Propane, Corrigan Construction, Corrigan Towing and Heavy Haul, Corrigan Transportation, Corrigan Mechanical Contractors, Corrigan Environmental Solutions, and Technical Environmental Services.
Corrigan Oil understands the importance of preserving our environment and giving back to the communities. At Corrigan, we are proud supporters of our communities and encourage our employees to be active leaders, mentors, and volunteers.